Do you want to make money online but don’t know how? One of the surest ways to do that is by offering services and getting paid in return. If you believe you have services that people can pay for, then you can earn money online by joining Fiverr.
Fiverr is a global, online market place offering services beginning at a cost of $5 per job. That was how Fiverr got its name. It was founded by Shai Wininger and Micha Kaufman in 2009.
Fiver is one of the largest freelance websites in the world. There are currently over 3 million services and they are increasing by about 4,000 per day. Though the number of users is kept private, Fiverr is believed to have millions of users spread across many countries. The amount you are paid per job has a fixed floor price of $5. You are however free to negotiate a higher price depending on the workload.
Why You Should Join Fiverr
Fiverr is unique in the following ways:
ü Easy to start: You can start selling your service in less than 5 minutes. This perhaps explains why many people who are new to freelancing prefer to start from Fiverr.
ü Upfront payments: Fiverr handles all payments related stuff and the seller has nothing to worry about. The buyer has to pay for his order to Fiverr before the actual work will begins.
ü Quality services and Affordable Rates: Fiverr may be the only freelancing market place where you can find many awesome services for a very affordable price like $5 or$10.
ü Awesome support service: Fiverr support system handles all queries so fast and efficiently. Fiverr customer support is amazing. If your issue is legit, they will be more than happy to resolve it.
Definition of Terms on Fiverr
Fiverr has its own lingo which you should know so you won’t be lost whenever a topic related to Fiverr is being discussed. For a start, here are the basic terms you should know.
ü Buyer: A registered user who can purchase gigs on Fiverr.
ü Seller: Someone who offers gigs up for sales
ü Gig: Any service offered by sellers on the website which a buyer can purchase.
ü Express Gigs: Gigs that can be delivered within 24 hours
ü Levels: These are a sort of ranking based on a seller’s performance, level of service and sales.
ü Order: When a buyer purchases a Gig, it is considered an order
ü Response rate: This shows how fast you respond to the first message from a buyer within the first 24 hours
ü Tags: These are keywords that sellers add to their gigs to categorize it for research purpose
How to Start Earning on Fiverr
Fiverr has helped many people achieve financial relevance by connecting them to people who need their services and are willing to pay for it. If you also want to become an income earner on Fiverr, carefully follow the steps below to the letter.
1. Figure out what skill you can offer
Fiverr is a marketplace for digital skills. You therefore need to have skills if you’re ever going to make money online. There are a lot of services on Fiverr which you can offer and they include creative writing, translation, transcription, social media marketing, email marketing, video animation, video testimonials, logo design, website landing page design, editing, proofreading etc
Among the plethora of gigs available on Fiverr, you must find the ones you can offer to buyers. If you don’t have digital skills, you can learn. The good thing is that learning some digital skills is pretty easy. You can easily do a research on Google or watch videos on YouTube. By the time you’ve practised for at least a week, you would have a firm grip of how to offer the gigs on Fiverr.
2. Create an account on Fiverr
The next step is to create an account on Fiverr and it is very easy. Carefully follow the steps below to create your Fiverr account.
- Go to www.fiverr.com and click on join
- Enter your email address and click “continue”.
- Enter your desired username and password. It is advisable that you use an Id that will represent the niche you want to focus on. For instance, let’s say you want to provide something related to article writing, use Ids like “ArticleXpert” “ArticleGuru” “ArticleWriter” etc. Then click join.
- An email will be sent to the address you provided. Click on the link to complete your registration.
- Click on the green button “ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT” to activate your account.
You have now successfully created your Fiver account!
Now you need to set up your profile. To do this, click on “My profile” to edit your profile settings.
- Describe exactly what you are offering on Fiverr under your Fiver Id.
- Add a clear profile description about you and your services.
How to Create Your First Gig on Fiverr
Now that you have updated your profile, the next step is to create your first gig. To begin, simply move your pointer to the top right corner over your username. A drop down menu will appear, click on “start selling” and follow the steps below.
- On the next page, click “Create a Gig”.
- Enter your gig title in the space provided. It begins with “I will…” Complete that sentence with the service you can offer.
- Choose a category and sub-category for your gig.
- Upload one or more images that depict your gig. Make sure the images reflect the gig you offer. Better still, you can have a logo designer create a logo for your gig.
- In the space for description, provide more details about your gig. State everything that the client needs to know. Don’t forget to make it appealing to the buyers to want to order your gig.
- Enter tags in the space provided. The tags are basically keywords. They help clients find you easily through the search feature. So think like a buyer before you enter the tags.
- Specify the maximum duration it will take you to deliver each gig. For a novice, set 24 hours or shorter time. Click the “Save & Continue” button.
- On the next page, you’ll be required to set the pricing for your gig extras. Do that, if necessary, and click the “Save and Continue” button.
- You can now upload a video that describes your gig in more detail. A gig video will help you get buyers faster, so have someone create one for you. If you don’t have any, just click the “skip” link or you can create one yourself using studio.stupeflx.com.
- On the next page, enter the information you would require from your buyer to get started with the gig. Click “Save & Continue”.
- On the next page, you’ll be notified that your gig is alive. You can share it using the social share buttons provided. Preview it using the link provided to ensure that all is fine. And that’s all!
Once you’ve set up your gig, you can start bidding on jobs via buyers’ request. The more you make use of buyers’ request, the more chances you have of getting orders on your gig. Whenever you receive orders on your gig, always strive to deliver way ahead of schedule and make sure the job is perfect. That way, buyers will be willing to give you positive reviews.
This is a simple guide to help you begin on Fiverr. We wish you nothing but success in your journey of earning money online.
You can share extra tips you thin