|How to Start Affiliate Marketing in Nigeria with Konga and Jumia|
Moving from one offline store to another to get a particular product or a better price is bound to leave anyone drained and stressed. Fortunately, online stores have eradicated this problem by making it possible for people to shop from the comfort of their homes. Over 32 million Nigeriansare already enjoying the benefits of online shopping.
The emergence of these e-commerce stores has also created an opportunity to earn passive income. “How?” you may ask. E-commerce websites are always looking for ways to drive up their sales and this is what birthed the idea of affiliate marketing
Affiliate marketing is a form of online marketing where a company pays you a certain percentage (commission) of the income on every sale generated by your effort in promoting their product.
Making Money through Affiliate Marketing in Nigeria
There are many e-commerce stores in Nigeria. However, only two of these online stores are most favourable if you want to start affiliate marketing in Nigeria. They are:
1. Jumia: Launched in 2012, Jumia prides itself as Nigeria’s No1 and most trusted online destination. Jumia attracts over 377,000 visitors daily. Jumia’s affiliate program pays you up to 13% as commission on each sale you make. It pays on a monthly basis directly in to your account.
2. Konga: Konga.com is a Nigerian owned online store. It was also launched in 2012 and has since grown to attract about 293,000 unique visitors daily. Konga’s affiliate program pays you up to 6% per confirmed sale as commission on each sale.
Exposed Secret Of How A Former School Teacher Makes Over N100, 000 Daily As An Affiliate Marketer. Click To See It Now
How Do You Get Started?
1. Sign Up: Decide on which affiliate program(s) you would like to join and sign up for it. You can sign up for Jumia by using this link https://www.jumia.com/affiliate-program/ or join konga by clicking http://affiliate.konga.com
2. Get your affiliate link: Once you’ve signed up, you will be provided with a referral link that is unique to you. The link is your ID that enables the website track every purchase to your account. When you want to promote a product, simply get the real links on the online store and paste it into the affiliate generator to get the affiliate links.
2.Promote the Product: Promote the product(s) on your blog or any other platforms that you have, e.g. your Facebook page.
3. Get Paid: At the point of signing up, your bank details will be requested. It is through the account information you provided that you will be paid once your earnings hit the minimum payment threshold.
Tips for Beginners
1. Be Selective: Don’t just join any affiliate program without taking some time to study and understand how it works. E.g. the percentage rate, payment method, terms and conditions etc
2. Promote What You Know: Choose products that you are familiar with. This will assist you in recommending the products to your audience and make them see you as competent.
3. Create a Platform: Create a platform you would use on the internet for the marketing. You could start a blog or create a Facebook page or even start a thread on a forum. This will serve as an interface for you and your audience.
4. Know Your Target Audience: Every kind of product has its own audience. It is, therefore, important that you know the category of people that you want to focus your energy so as to reach right set of people.
5. Build Trust: Ensure that your updates on your platform are consistent and the information you provide is accurate. This will enhance your credibility in the minds of prospective buyers.
6. Be Honest: Some users tend to bypass your link and go directly to the website. Therefore, be open to them. Let them know that they are helping you earn some income when they buy through you.
7. Be Consistent: Be consistent in your marketing. If your marketing strategy is not yielding you the desired results, don’t get discouraged. Instead, research on what you’re missing and then do it right.