THE MAIN GIST OF FREELANCING
A freelancer is one who performs services for a fee. In short, a freelancer is one who trades time for money. But today, we’ll be talking about something very important. To be a successful freelancer, you must add value. And adding value simply means being able to offer a skill that people will like to patronize. Having a skill as a freelancer is important and will help you make a good living out of freelancing. Anything at all you can do as an individual, from writing to graphic design to even talking. Yes, talking. People are making good money on Fiverr for playing pranks on other people. Once you have identified a good skill that you have an can offer, the next thing you can do is to deliberately work on your skill.
If you’re a writer, you can work on becoming better, doing better with your punctuation and grammar. It may interest you to know that there are many kinds of writing in freelancing. There is Ghost writing, content writing, Copy writing.
These are all areas you can choose from and become especially good at. As a graphic designer, you can learn to make better designs and make them more catchy and attractive. Your design must be precise and able to attract a person’s attention instantly. There is surely something you can offer as a freelancer. You must not be a Search Engine optimization specialist to be able to eke a living as a freelancer. It’s all about being creative and willing to work on your skill at the moment. For someone, you may be very good at Proofreading. That’s a good skill too and you can develop it and become better at it. For another person, you may be average at making illustrations. Now that you want to offer services and keep your customers coming back, you’ll need to work on that skill to make it more marketable. Now that you know this, it will convince you better if you knew the benefits of freelancing
1. Freedom: Being a freelancer guarantees your freedom, both financially and time wise. As a freelancer, you get to choose what jobs to accept or decline and you also get to choose when to work and when not to. You’re in charge of deciding according to your interests and likes without restrictions. Unlike a 9 to 5 job, your time is flexible and you own it. Freelancing will afford you time to do what you enjoy and you can live life on your own terms.
2. Flexibility of location: This is an advantage of freelancing. Your location is not fixed, it is immensely flexible. You can work from home or create your own workstation in any environment you consider good. You can even work from anywhere in the world so long as you deliver the job on time and it’s up to standard. For a freelancer, the most important thing is to deliver very good quality work within the agreed time irrespective of your location of work.
3. Opportunity to earn more: Freelancing provides you with an opportunity to earn a lot more than you currently earn. With the right guidance, you can multiply your income by ten or more! There is no limit to how much you can earn as a freelancer. Once you build your profile and the jobs start pouring in, you can make as much as 10 times your present income. Think of how amazing that will be!
4. You get to keep all your profits: In freelancing, you’re your own boss. You play the cards. So also, you get to keep all the profits. There is no sharing plan here. As you do your jobs and earn your money, the money, all of it, belongs to you. This will enable you expand your business.
5. Be the boss: As a freelancer, you practically answer to nobody. You’re your own boss. There is no employer to boss you around and tell you what to do and when to do it. You are in control of your time, work rate and emotions.
6. Do what you love to do : Freelancing provides a golden opportunity for you to pursue your dreams. For example, you might have always dreamt of touching people’s lives through writing or graphic design. Freelancing gives you that platform. You can do that and still earn good money doing what you love.
Freelancing makes your work enjoyable, no dull moments, because you’re doing what you have always wanted to do and still get paid for it. Finally, the most important thing about being successful is taking action! Start today, not tomorrow! Click here to take action now! CLICK HERE