As a beginner in Affiliate Marketing, you probably have lots of questions regarding it. How do I start? How do I Make money and so many more. Here are some of the more popular questions.
1. What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is basically performance-based marketing, whereby affiliates/partners promote a merchant’s product/service and get remunerated for every sale, visit or subscription sent to the merchant. It is a lot easier than you think.
2. How Can I Make Money From Affiliate Marketing
Let us use an example to explain
. An online travel agent offers 5% commission for every air ticket booking that takes place on their website. You own a travel forum and place banners of that travel agent on your forum. For every user that clicks on the banners and then books an air ticket, you will receive a 5% commission on the value of the ticket the user booked!
3. Do I need to spend money (e.g., PPC, paid advertising, etc) to make money with affiliate marketing?
There are many different ways to make money as an affiliate. If you have money to invest, and you’re willing to put a lot of time into testing, you can make money fairly fast with PPC
. But if you have more time than money
, and you want to build a long-term site, I’d suggest focusing on building a blog
on a topic that interests you. This can be done for very little cost.
4. Who Can Be An Affiliate Marketer?
Well, anyone really
! Unlike other professions that require years of schooling or training, time at unpaid internships, or entry-level positions, literally anyone can become an affiliate marketing. There are no education requirements, no age requirements, and you don’t need to be located in any particular area. This is a job you can do solely from a good internet connection.
5. Clickbank seems to be the big thing among affiliate marketers. Do you use it extensively as well, or most of the offers you promote come from other places?
ClickBank has always been a massive powerhouse and the way they handle their payouts and backend is awesome. They get paid when a sale is made, so you never have to worry about an advertiser screwing over the network. From an affiliate aspect, they have an excellent selection of offers for almost any niche, with well-written creatives and ad content. As an advertiser, you simply create an account, add a product, a few creatives and you are ready to go. ClickBank is genius!
6. How many products can I have in my account?
One ClickBank account allows a vendor to offer up to 500 products.
7. Does ClickBank provide copyright protection for my website and products?
No. Per their Client Contract, it is your sole responsibility to obtain and maintain all applicable licenses and permits required for the operation of your business.
If you feel your content has been infringed upon in any way, you can submit a DMCA complaint. For more information on DMCA and filing a DMCA complaint, see the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) and Trademark Policy page.
If you wish to report a copyright or DMCA violation, contact ClickBank to fill out the necessary form.
8. What products are allowed or not allowed?
ClickBank accepts a wide variety of both digital and physical products.
The following product types are allowed:
One-time physical product
Recurring physical product
One-time digital product
Recurring digital product
Digital product with one-time physical component
Physical product with recurring digital component
See the Product Guidelines
article for more information about forbidden products and techniques for specific categories.
9. Do you believe that social media can be used to promote affiliate offers? If so, how?
Without a doubt. we’ve seen some great results with Facebook Fan Pages and Twitter for building up niche sites that people are really interested. You would be surprised at how many people will retweet articles they are interested in, and gladly contribute on your blog feedback.
10. What are the most important things to track and test when promoting affiliate offers?
I think it’s always important to track what traffic source is converting best. If you’re promoting your site in multiple places, always make sure you know which site is bringing in what conversions. This can be done with a simple “subid” and helps dramatically.
11. How Do I Get Started On Clickbank?
Here’s is a quick guide on how you can become a ClickBank affiliate.
- Open a ClickBank Account. Start by signing up for a ClickBank account. Enter your personal information.
- 2. Getting Paid. Payments are sent out every 2 weeks if you wish to be paid by check and every week if you are eligible for direct deposits.
- Choosing Products. The marketplace listings are sorted in popularity order, but you can as well use the search box to find your preferred product. Against each entry is a Promote button that provides you with the affiliate link. You will also be provided with info on the commission you will receive if you sell the item.